In the liquor business since 1934, the City of Lakeville currently operates three convenient liquor stores and is the largest and most profitable municipal liquor operations in the State of Minnesota. Gross sales for all three locations exceed $15 million annually. Lakeville’s municipal liquor operation is consistently recognized for its excellence in customer service, low operating costs and high revenues. Over the past five years, $5.3 million in revenue has been put back into the community through the purchasing of snow plows, police cars, fire stations and other safety equipment.
If not for Lakeville Liquors, these expenses would have been placed back on the residents in the form of increased property taxes and thus is one of the primary reasons that the City of Lakeville has one of the lowest tax capacity rates in Dakota County.
Lakeville Liquors has been recognized/awarded by several local, state and national organizations for their excellence in business practices and community involvement including:
- 2008 Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association Facility of the Year Award
- 2008 Minnesota Construction Association Project of the Year Award
- 2011 Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Education Award
- 2015 Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association Friend of the Retailer Award
- 2015 Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association Best Product Launch Award
- 2017 Beverage Dynamics National Retailer of the Year Award
In addition, Lakeville Liquors continues to be a proud partner in local events such as Taste of Lakeville, Lakeville Lions Brew Battle Social and the Lakeville Art Festival.
Our staff is proud of our accomplishments and looking forward to providing you the best shopping experience possible.