- City of Lakeville General Stormwater Permit Application (PDF): As a regulated operator of a Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4), the City is required to be covered under a General Stormwater Permit.
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA): The MPCA regulates stormwater, including overseeing the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program (SWPPP) and issuance of National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits.
Partners in Conservation
- Vermillion River Watershed Joint Powers Organization: Seventy-nine percent of the City is located within the Vermillion River Watershed. Visit this webpage to find more information about Marion, Valley and East Lakes, as well as the stream reaches this entity has helped the City restore.
- Black Dog Watershed Management Organization: Twenty-one percent of the City is located within the Black Dog Watershed. Visit this webpage to find information about Orchard, Kingsley and Lee lakes, as well as watershed wide projects.
- Dakota County Soil and Water Conservation District: Discover financial incentives to plant pollinator friendly species in your yard, locations of conservation projects throughout Dakota County and more.
- Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources: Find detailed information about stipulations of working in wetlands, conservation project planning/funding opportunities and stream vegetative buffers.
- Department of Natural Resources: Access information on recreation opportunities including licensing/permits, and legacy projects implemented throughout the state.
- Metropolitan Council:
- Citizen Assisted Monitoring Program (CAMP): Find water quality monitoring information for metro area lakes.
- Urban Small Sites Best Management Practices Manual: Find detailed information about different types of erosion control practices.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH): MDH oversees many aspects of groundwater including protection, monitoring and conservation.
- Private well protection: Private sources of well water can vary in terms of water quality. Learn more about testing opportunities here.
- Nitrates in groundwater: Nitrate is a common groundwater contaminant. Learn more about it’s implications for human health, sources and extent throughout the state here.
- Metropolitan Mosquito Control District (MMCD): Find out if your neighborhood or wetland is treated by MMCD, how to report a dead bird, general mosquito information and more.